Summary of 2nd Edition of Project (Fall 2012)
Polish-American Leadership Academy opened in spring 2012. In the 1st edition, 210 people participated (50 in Katowice, 160 online). The 2nd edition, held in fall 2012, reached even more people: 50 in Katowice, 220 online.
Classes were very popular, and participants demonstrated above-average capability. A special out-of-the-city session combined a group of online participants with a group of physical participants.
The final examinations consisted of three sections: politics, economics and video presentation demonstrating social communications skills. The winner was Mr. Jacek Nowicki. He was awarded a paid internship at Goldwater Institute in Phoenix, Arizona. Other participants who performed well in the examinations were granted a place at a summer school in Prague (Czech Republic), a liberty seminar at Lake Bled (Slovenia) or at a Liberty English Camp in Milowka (Poland). Top alumni were also offered an internship at one of the most prosperous Polish Banks.
Polish-American Leadership Academy 2nd Edition Key Numbers
- 16.500 USD – project budget
- 272 participants of 2nd edition: 222 online and 50 in person
- 41 lectures given in total
- 15 special guests: scholars, entrepreneurs, journalists, NGO leaders, politicians
- 14 publications concerning the project in media
- 11 professors: 5 social communication experts (media creative group), 2 political philosophy professors from the University of Silesia, 2 economics experts from the Mises Institute of Poland, 2 professors of ethics from the Jagiellonian University
- 10 partners Goldwater Institute, Language of Liberty Institute, The Fund for American Studies, Association for Broadening Horizons, Mises Institute of Poland, KoLiber Association, PAFERE, Fijorr Publishing, Students’ Scientific Association from the University of Silesia and Nicholas Copernicus University
- 7 media patrons: The Polish Newspaper in Colorado, International Relationships Magazine, Najwyższy Czas! Magazine, Radio KonteStacja, Academic Radio EGIDA, New Silesia Newspaper, To Zależy Students’ Magazine
- 5 scholarships for summer schools: AIPES Program in Prague (3), Liberty Seminar in Slovenia (2)
- 5 ponsors: the Atlas Foundation, BZ WBK Bank, Unikalne.pl, QBS Software, Sphere Research Labs
- 4 modules: Social Communication, Political Philosophy, Economics, Ethics
- 3 internship placements for best graduates: Goldwater Institute (1), Freedom & Entrepreneurship Foundation (2)
- 2 essay competitions organized by our Academy
- 1 session in Central Prague (mid-April), 3 days of classes and entertainment
- 1 online platform for training participants and tutors.